Environmental and Social Due Diligence Study as part of the Technical Advisory Services for the introduction of Private Sector Participation (PSP) in the Operations of the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) Limited under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) Agreement
The project involved the touring of ECG transmission lines, sub stations and other operational sites to ascertain current environmental, social, health and safety practices against the IFC performance standards and the World Bank EHS Requirements and to make recommendations that will form part of the transactional agreement document for the concessionaire.
Our experts performed the following activities:
- E&S hotspot analysis,
- Touring of ECG transmission lines,
- Site visits to protected areas with ECG transmission lines,
- Sampling and touring of substations, warehouses, customer service centres and other operational sites across six regions in Ghana,
- Impact identification and mitigations
- Review and analysis of health and safety records,
- Review and analysis of human resources records,
- Stakeholder consultations,
- Review of applicable compliance obligations,
- Audit of ECG operations against IFC Performance Standards,
- High level recommendations for inclusion in Concessionaire agreement
- Preparation of inception, progress and ESDD reports, and
- Participating in scheduled progress conference calls.