Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) for Regeneration for the Post Office Square Area, Adum in the Subin Sub-Metro in compliance with the World Bank’s Safeguards Policies under the Local Government Capacity Support Project (LGCSP) financed by the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
The project involved the review of project designs vis a vis the immediate environmental and social information to determine construction and post construction risks and impacts as well as preparation of an ESMP to guide the Contractor and KMA in mitigating potential environmental, health, safety and social safeguard issues associated with the project. The ESMP was also required to meet IFC and World Bank environmental and social requirements.
Our experts performed the following activities:
- Project design review and risk and impact assessment
- Site verification visits and assessment of baseline information
- Participate in stakeholders consultations and public meetings on the project
- Prepare Environmental and Social Management Plans using the World Bank Environmental and Social safeguard policies and well as IFC Performance Standards
- Preparation and submission of draft and final ESMP to KMA / MLGRD.